Thursday, April 30, 2015

The 40th Anniversary . . .

https://www.facebook.com/Nu.Quang.Playwright.85




Today April 30th, 2015 marks the 40th anniversary of the fall of Saigon. I stayed behind for a decade before I could escape Communist tyranny. In 30 years after I rebuilt a life in America, I have achieved what I couldn't have done back in my native country the Republic of South Vietnam, now vanished from the globe.


In 30 years, I earned an MFA in English and Playwriting; I received recognition for my plays, my Japanese Short Form Poetry, for which I was awarded a grant by 4Culture for my book Lotus in the Flood: One Woman's Big Dream, and lately for my screenplay.



In memory of this monumental historical event, I created a page on Facebook. The above link.


For this tragedy, Rory Kennedy made a documentary "Last Days in Vietnam." I highly recommend that you watch it if you haven't seen it.




www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperience/films/lastdays/



















No comments: